Since 2010, Agrarian has been in business providing invasive vegetation management (algae and other) for retention ponds and wetlands using our proprietary technique, Ecosystem Facilitation. Our interdisciplinary team of biologists, ecologists, and environmental engineers began restoring waterbodies as students at the University of Central Florida. We officially licensed the business in 2010 to commercialize the ecosystem restoration methods we used and educate the public about environmentally-sound ways to beautify the waterbodies we build our homes around and improve property values.
Meet Our Leader
Zachary Marimon is the owner of Agrarian Land and Pond, born and raised in Florida. His passion to work with water systems is derived from an upbringing in between the ocean and the Everglades in South Florida. It guided his education and graduate research work at the University of Central Florida to understand and enhance water resource systems using native aquatic plants.
- Exploring hydrobiogeochemical processes of floating treatment wetlands in a subtropical stormwater wet detention pond
- Assessing biological and chemical signatures related to nutrient removal by floating islands in stormwater mesocosms
- On-Site Sewage Treatment and Disposal Systems Evaluation for Nutrient Removal
- Floating Wetland Systems for Nutrient Removal in Stormwater Ponds
- Certified Herbicide Applicator
- Qualified Stormwater Management Inspector